7 months ago
As week 2 wraps up, many teams are getting started on their projects and we want to know how we can best support you! Let us know what you are building and how the development is progressing by filling out this form and how we can help you on your journey.
If you are still looking for a team, fill out this form or join our Discord and get involved in the conversation. In addition, office hours are happening twice a week, come get your questions answered and get support from cLabs DEvRel, Josh Crites.
Week 2 In Review
- Tech Talk: Building for Native Mobile: Brandy from cLabs and Anil from Heymate discuss MoFi development with native tooling for Android and iOS. Learn tips and tricks for getting started with iOS, Web3, and the Celo Java SDK.
- Tech Talk: Building an SDK for Cross-Platform Mobile Development with Flutter: Join us for discussion with Sameer Kashyap, a Celo community member developing a Flutter SDK for the Celo Blockchain. Learn about the vision, motivation, and lessons learned.
- Hackathon Office Hours: Come get your questions answered and get support from cLabs DevRel, Josh Crites.
- DeFi on Celo Panel Discussion: What is Mobile DeFi? How does it support financial accessibility? Join Mashiat from Celo Foundation as she discusses DeFi with Moola Market, Ubeswap, GoodGhosting, Mobius, and Dahlia Finance.
- Kuneco Community Call: Join us for our monthly community gathering to celebrate the thriving Celo community. Learn the latest in technical updates, community opportunities, and Celo news.
Track Highlight: Interoperability
Why Build on Celo? Celo is a permissionless platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone.
- Mobile First: Send or Request stable assets easily with anyone in your address book, powered by decentralized phone number verification.
- Programmable: Programmable smart contract platform compatible with full EVM Compatibility.
- Interoperable: A Gas-efficient Interoperability Standard for Cross-chain Communication. Read more
In the spirit of true interoperability, we're inviting you to take part in building the cross-chain future with the Interoperability Track! Build or update cross-chain applications or cross-chain tooling leveraging Optics channels and token bridge.
What is Optics:
Optics is a new protocol for gas-efficient and trust-minimized interoperability. Its name is an acronym derived from its description: OPTimistic Inter-chain Communication Standard.
Unlike other cross-chain communication systems, Optics is neither a custodial bridge, validator-based bridge, nor header relay. Instead, it leverages an optimistic bridging mechanism to enable radically cheaper communication between chains, while still preserving decentralization.
To learn more about how it works, please check out the protocol docs.
- 1st Place | Interoperability Track
$15,000 of cUSD for the project with the best cross-chain application, tooling or community materials.
- 2nd Place | Interoperability Track
$7,000 of cUSD for the project with the best cross-chain application, tooling or community materials.
- 3rd Place | Interoperability Track
$3,000 of cUSD for the project with the best cross-chain application, tooling or community materials.
What to Build
- NFT bridge cross-chain application
- Cross-chain lending cross-chain application
- Optics block explorer
- Other tooling for users to use the bridge
- Agent monitoring and health dashboard for public
- Optics Xapps are cross-chain apps focused on Bridging:
- NFT Xapp - Build an Optics Xapp that allows the bridging of NFT smart-contracts from one chain to the other.
- Oracle Xapp - Trustlessly send a data feed from one chain to others using Optics
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.